FAG Ferronnerie d'Art des Galeries
The Galeries Lafayette department store on Boulevard Haussmann in Paris was inaugurated in October 1912. Soon, it became the second most visited monument in Paris, after the Eiffel Tower.
In 1922, the Galeries Lafayette department store opened the "La Maîtrise" applied art studios run by the decorator Maurice Dufrêne, who became its artistic director. The vocation of these workshops is to produce "works" (furniture, fabrics, rugs, wallpapers, ceramics, etc.) within the reach of all (well almost). The decorators and twin brothers Jean and Jacques Adnet, are among the first collaborators.
An ironwork section is created under the name of Ferronnerie d'Art Des Galeries. Talented ironworkers participate, such as Marcel Vasseur, who created the ironwork of La Maîtrise Pavilion at the 1925 International Exhibition of Modern Decorative and Industrial Arts.
When they are, these pieces are signed Fag.